Thursday, September 27, 2007

While I Was Out

This was waiting for me when I got home from the conference yesterday.



I think it's just right - dark blue, but not so dark it looks black. It's 100% merino, and incredibly soft. I think my son John will like a scarf made with it.

On Sunday I drove down to visit John on campus, and we discussed scarf possibilities over lunch. He'd asked for a navy blue scarf, but it turns out his defnition of navy is broader than mine. That gave me some lee-way.

On Monday I studied the Malabrigo colorways on the Personal Threads website and then called them. The sales woman was really helpful. I asked about 4 blue colorways, and she described them to me. With her help I settled on the Buscando Azul, and I'm really happy with it. Now I have to R.E.S.I.S.T. the temptation to cast on that scarf until I finish something - anything!

The Alpine (Albatross) Shawl is on the back burner until after the second week of October, when things should ease up at work. I just can't concentrate on lace right now.

The Log Cabin Afghan is coming along swimmingly. Before I left for the conference, I'd finished 8 of 16 blocks.

The Dream In Color socks are progressing nicely, as well. I made a lot of progress on the first sock at the conference, and now I'm finding it hard to transition back to the Log Cabin. You know Ms. Instant Gratification: I. Want. To Finish. Something. N.O.W.

I have to keep reminding myself that casting on John's scarf will not help that happen.

No comments: