This isn't the first time, and it won't be the last. As always, I'll try to be cogent.
I've spent the past two days working on a report at home. My supervisor insisted. She knows I'll never get it done at the office, where phone calls and email are constant distractions. She didn't actually say "Don't come back until it's done." It was just implied.
Right now the floor in our computer room looks like this.
I've been crunching numbers all day. Lets just say math is not my forte. At least the results have been interesting, but there's still a long way to go.
In this condition my best shot at writing a somewhat interesting blog post is to spew items at random. So here goes:
1. Before you do anything else, scroll down and read the comment to yesterday's blog entry. It was written by none other than Kay, of Mason Dixon Knitting fame. A celebrity read my blog yesterday, people. How cool is that?!
2. Yesterday was momentous for another reason. I received a newsy email from my son John, who's away at college. At the very end, he wrote: If you do get bored and are wondering I would wear a scarf if ya made me one ;).
I'm sure you have no idea of the magnitude of this seemingly off-hand request. You must understand that I am the only female in this household. Dave and the boys have made fun of my knitting for years, and the boys have laughed (guffawed, actually) at the thought of wearing something knitted by mom. They've always found the very idea hilarious.
Needless to say, I've been considering patterns and yarn ever since I read John's email. It can't be foo foo, but it can be "sorta cool" within limits. Above all, it has to be navy blue.
3. At last my son Brian has posted pics of Spain on his blog. We gave him a camera when he left 3 weeks ago with strict instructions to post LOTS of photos. Neither Dave nor I have ever been to Spain. It's the least he can do. The pics were such a long time in coming that we began to wonder if Brian forgot to pack the camera, or lost it, or it was stolen. Brian, the photos are fabulous! You've made your mother very happy.
4. Have you seen the Japanese Vines Scarf on Another Knitting Blog? (Scroll down to the 9/15/07 entry.) Michelle, your design is gorgeous! I. MUST. HAVE. THAT. PATTERN. (Please don't ask me when I'm going to have time to knit it.)
5. Okay, I know this isn't nice but I can't help but CROW over OJ's latest legal troubles. He fits the profile of a batterer to a T, and I firmly believe he killed his wife Nicole and Ron Goldman in cold blood. He deserves to rot in jail, and now there's a chance that he will. I LOVE IT!
6. Finally, I give you the square of the day.
It's the square in the upper left. Are they all beginning to look alike? Don't worry. Part of that is due to my poor photography skills, and after I finish square #5, there are 2 more kinds of squares to knit up. It may be boring to read about, but the colors keep it interesting and fun to knit. Best of all, it's all garter stitch so I can work on it even when I'm brain dead.