Friday, August 3, 2007

None of the Above

Check out Brian's blog entry from last night. Two things are apparent:

  1. I'm not the only one in the family who worries out loud; and
  2. Brian did not read my blog yesterday.

Last night I left him a voicemail asking him to call me. I'm still hoping I can persuade him to take a cab from Logan to his apartment.

You may recall that I had a little insomnia last week. As long as I was awake, I posted an entry to the blog. At the end I pondered how to make good use of my time. Listed options included: writing a sonnet, learning to paint, cleaning out the garage, and knitting (of course). I did none of those things. Since I was on the computer I engaged in a little retail therapy.



Yup. I purchased more Rowan Summer Tweed - this time in the "Brilliant" colorway - #528. (Ellenmarie recently commented that I run in streaks. When I find a yarn I really like, I make several projects with it before moving on to something else. It's true.)

The plan is to make a Sunrise Circle Jacket - IF I ever finish the Oakley Shawl. Last night I finally had the requisite 175 stitches on the needles. The pattern said the shawl should be 25 inches from the lower back to the neck. I was dubious, but I cast off anyway thinking the weight of the fabric might stretch it to make it that long. It didn't happen. The shawl measured 23 inches. I tried it on, and it was too entirely too small. So I ripped back the cast off and resumed knitting. I still have about 2.5 balls of yarn. The problem is, I'm not sure how much of that I'm going to need for the fringe. There are 2 balls of the suede in the same colorway but from a different dye lot in my stash. If I use up too much of the correct dye lot by making the shawl too large, I may have to mix the yarns from the 2 dye lots for the fringe. I hope it doesn't come to that, but it's an option.

No comments: