Saturday, June 2, 2007

Celebrating

Today Dave and I are celebrating our fifth wedding anniversary. I often tell him he’s the luckiest man in the world because he has ME. But I’m the lucky one.





Dave is my dream-come-true in so many ways. He’s a man of action. He’s a professional pilot, and he saves lives nearly every day.






He’s a bicyclist, an adventurer, and a good sport (after all, he lives with an obsessive knitter and a house full of yarn). Before I met Dave I was a distance bicyclist. He was one of the few men I met who didn’t have to blow the dust off his bicycle seat to ride with me. That’s the two of us on the beach just off a bike path between Cape Cod and Woodshole MA. That was summer 2005, when we drove my oldest son to Boston and moved him into the dorm for his freshman year of college.




This pic was taken Summer 2004 at Harbor Springs MI. We rode our bikes from Petosky to Harbor Springs and back that day.




All of my adult life I’ve wanted to go to Israel, and last year we did. That’s Jerusalem behind us. (Notice I'm wearing my periwinkle Soliel tank top to celebrate the occasion.)





I’ve always wanted a house full of art, and that’s happening, too. This is one of the paintings we bought in Israel.






Every year my agency throws a big gala as a fundraiser. It’s part of my job to sit at a table with donors and talk up the agency over dinner. I’m painfully shy, but Dave handles these affairs with poise. Having him there means a lot to me.



When I was a kid, my uncle and aunt took us sailing every summer on Lake Erie or the Niagara River. When I met Dave he told me he owned a boat and he’d have to take me sailing. He kept telling me that. After a while, I began to chide him that he didn’t really HAVE a boat – he just had a PICTURE of a boat. He has a boat.




Perhaps the best part of all is that Dave is a wonderful stepfather to my sons. When he wasn’t on duty Dave went to all of their high school orchestra concerts, Academic Team meets, awards events, Brian’s theatrical productions, and many of John’s soccer games. He’s been to the emergency room with both boys (on different very scary occasions). When Brian was in the process of deciding where to go to college, Dave took time off to fly to the east coast to check out some schools with us. This is Dave with John on vacation in Petosky MI.





Dave’s a great guy and a wonderful husband . These five years have been the happiest of my life, and I am truly the luckiest girl in the world.



1 comment:

Teresa said...

Congratulations Susan and Dave!

Susan, it's like I'm getting to know you all over again seeing all the pictures you're sharing!