Sunday, May 20, 2007

Pics As Promised

T and I haven't had much of a chance to connect since Knit Nite. We were both swamped with work on Friday. This is the first real chance I've had to give an update.

It's been a full weekend. Dave was off, so we got in some quality time. The weather wasn't good enough to ride bikes or sail, but we drove out to the marina today anyway. Dave tinkered with the wiring, while I knit below deck. He was particularly pleased because he got the boat's auto-pilot to sync with the GPS. He's been trying to do that for two years. He's a helicopter pilot, so he loves "instrumentation." Lucky thing he's a technical wiz, because I am challenged by all things technical - even the copier at work. (You should pity our receptionist.)


Tonight Dave showed me how to set up the tri-pod and use the camera flash. Laugh if you must, but you'll thank Dave later. (At least I hope the quality of my pics improves.)

Yesterday I finished weaving in ends on the first Basalt Tank and got it on the blocking board. (Nancy, I really love this blocking board. Thank you so much!)
Today I resumed work on the second Basalt Tank. I'm using Elann.com Callista in the Boysenberry colorway. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the color right in the photo. The Boysenberry is not as cranberry as it looks here. It's pinker than that without actually being pink.

Below is more Callista yarn in the Morrocan Blue colorway. Again, the photo doesn't do the color justice. It's really gorgeous.
My younger son called on Friday with good news. He's going to be a dorm RA next year. The competition was really stiff, and John worked really hard to be selected. I'm very proud of him.

My older son called tonight. He's spending the summer in Boston. This is his first summer on his own, and he's loving it. Brian's already had a mishap or two, but his sense of humor's in tact. You can read about his experiences on his blog. It's quite entertaining reading. (Goodness only knows what he posts on his facebook page. There are some things a mother is better off not knowing.)

No comments: