Thursday, January 3, 2008

I Meant To Do That

No one's ever accused me of being technologically competent. Come to think of it, no one's ever accused me of being cool under fire either. So imagine my dismay yesterday, when I plugged my trusty flash drive into a new laptop with the intention of displaying a PowerPoint presentation to a room full of healthcare providers, and this popped up on the large wall screen for all to see:





I offered no explanation, but concentrated on manipulating the machine in hopes of displaying the appropriate slide show. In the meantime the laptop kept offering to display a slide show from the open file. Yikes.

Eventually, one of the participants helped me access the appropriate slide show, and I carried on. I never did explain.

Scarf fever continues to rage around here. The second Japanese Vines scarf is off the needles and waiting to be blocked - hopefully tonight. In the meantime I cast on a Midnight Moonlight Scarf from Scarf Style with some red Cherry Tree Hill SuperSock Solids. I'm really sorry that CTH is phasing out the SuperSock Solids, but I love being able to get it on sale.

Tonight is caucus night in Iowa. I'm looking forward to watching the coverage on the tube while I knit away.

1 comment:

Sourire11 said...

HA!!!! I love that you never explained... just went about doing what you were there to do. That's awesome.