Monday, October 15, 2007

Decompressing

The last of 5 domestic violence awareness events ended at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday afternoon, and I've been unwinding ever since. Last week is a blur. All I know is that whole days went by without any knitting.

On Saturday I began weaving in yarn tails on Log Cabin squares. I thought the task would take forever, but it went relatively fast. I was finished by noon on Sunday, and got the first 8 squares on the blocking board.



This is the remnants of the yarn tails after the weaving in.



Last week I drove Dave's Explorer because I had to cart a large number of materials from event to event. This morning I hopped into my car and drove toward the office. After about 10 minutes it occurred to me that the event materials were still in Dave's vehicle. I needed them, so I made a U turn and headed back home. Dave didn't work today. To avoid being late for work, I decided to just take the Explorer rather than take the time to transfer the materials to my car. I figured I'd unload the Explorer at the office this morning, then bring it home at lunchtime and pick up my car. As it was I got to the office 10 minutes late. When I opened the tailgate the materials weren't there. It turns out Dave had very considerately transferred them from his vehicle to the trunk of my car yesterday.

Tonight the remaining 8 Log Cabin squares are on the blocking board. While the first 8 squares were drying I cast on John's scarf with the Azul Buscando Malabrigo. Pics soon, I promise.

1 comment:

Sourire11 said...

Oooh that sucks! I mean it's really thoughtful that he transferred the materials... but ugh. hate it when that happens.