Monday, April 7, 2008

A Bit of Spring

It might be spring in the Miami Valley. At least I hope so. I am so ready.

Yesterday was sunny and warm, so we took a hike at Clifton Gorge in Yellow Springs. The ground was pretty bare, but it was pretty none-the-less.



You can't tell from this picture, but that tree was high enough that people can walk underneath it without ducking.



Wild flowers are emerging even amid the dead folliage of last year.



There were a number of small waterfalls.



With all of the rain we've had lately, the stream at the bottom of the gorge might qualify as a river now.



It felt sooo good to get outside.

There was knitting, too. I finished the brown Twist cardi last night. I'll post pics and info on pattern modifications as soon as Dave and are in one place long enough to have him take my picture.

No comments: