Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Pleasant Distractions at Sea

Teresa wants to know what knitting I did during the cruise. My knitting A.D.D. continues. I brought 2 skeins of Socks That Rock and started a Chevron Scarf (top left), 2 skeins of Cherry Tree Hill Super Sock - in turquois and red and started a Japanese Vines scarf (middle), and a skein of Dream in Color in the yummy Lagoon colorway (top right) - a birthday gift from T (Thanks T!) - and started a pair of socks. You can see how far I got with each project. Pitiful, huh?



I also brought the almost finished tank top knit with Elann.com Callista in the Desert Rose colorway. We flew down to Ft. Lauderdale the day before we sailed and spent the night in a hotel. That evening I crocheted the edging, wove in the ends, and pressed the edging. I felt really virtuous when I finished the tank in time for the cruise.

Then I got distracted.



This is a harbor on St. Thomas.



Some impressive yachts were docked right next to the Radiance. Check out the helicopters on the boat at the bottom of the photo and the boat at the top. On the bottom boat there's also a sailboat on the side deck, a small power boat on the top deck and another small power boat on the bow. Wow.

We had signed up to go for a sail on a catamaran to another island and do some snorkeling, but the excursion was canceled because the seas were too rough. So we did a little shopping and then took a tour of the island.



Our last stop was at Sapphire Beach - far and away the most beautiful beach I've ever seen.




We left our swimsuits on the ship, but I just had to wade in.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

That picture of you on the beach? I can almost feel the warmth here at my desk. Ahhhh...

And that boat? Fabulous. Wonder who owns it? Another world...